Discovering the brand’s global footprint by doing research into other countries' online stores helped us to understand the design trends we could use to improve design. Covid had also hit and we had to keep working together effectively. This enabled me to introduce a white-boarding tool to help us plan and sketch out quick wireframes over zoom calls.
Defining the feature sets for the Minimal Viable Product was mostly done through freehand wireframes and this helped to retain collaborative workflows within the team,. Simple wireframing sessions turned into a way to keep information organised, keep stakeholders aligned, and ensured that we address any issues early on. The team was also able to faster map out site structures and how to approach custom landing pages for marketing new product ranges.
a new design system, rather than just a prototype, helped to create an more holistic view of the outcome.
I started designing mobile first, as over 60% of all sit-traffic went through mobile. With these concepts in hand, we ran quick internal scrums to determine which would be feasible, sorting functionality based on importance.
Delivered a strategy to align the systematic integration of features post-launch, which the marketing and content team could use to identify features that could be useful and would suit their upcoming campaigns.
One way in which we enabled faster workflows and handovers to developement, was to use one set of imagery for each collection pag instead of multiple banners for each device. These banners were set to slide responsively, which enable us to repeat this format across collections without becoming repetitive and achieving the final goal: cutting out the clutter and letting the product itself do the talking.